The other day I made a review on makeup setting spray by MUFE and was looking for much affordable alternative i.e. NYX Cosmetics Makeup Setting Spray. I purchased mine at HERMO and decided to compare these duo with MUFE Mist & Fix Setting Spray that I have been loyal to for many months.
About NYX Cosmetics Makeup Setting Spray
Demand perfection! For that fresh makeup look that lasts, the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Makeup Setting Spray – Matte is a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put.
Demand perfection! For that fresh dewy glow that lasts, the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Makeup Setting Spray – Dewy is lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put.
NYX Cosmetics Makeup Setting Spray is available in two finishes depending on your preference:-
i/ Matte Finish
ii/ Dewy Finish
|EFFECT||Long Lasting Makeup|
|INGREDIENT||Matte Finish / Long: Lasting Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.
Dewy Finish / Long: Lasting Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide.
I have been using these combination DUO for few months now and I should be able to share my thought about this products.
- I made a comparison between these DUO and I preferred the DEWY Finish more than Matte.
- The DEWY finish feels bit similar to the MUFE Mist and Fix spray. However, MUFE would make my makeup stays much longer as compared to the NYX Dewy finish.
- Bottoms Up for these DUO as it did not consumed my makeup colour like MUFE does.
- These DUO managed to ensure my makeup to stay put (for at least more than 6 hours). For me, the Dewy Finish performs much better as compared to the Matte Finish.
- Both are lightweight, but I feel like having another protection layer on top of my skin after I spray these products on.
- The nozzle is a bit similar to MUFE which I am not that fond. I wish that these products would spray like a mist and that would makes the product distribute evenly on the face. So what I do now, after I spray these product on, I need to thoroughly fan out my face to ensure these product to stay pat and dry on my skin. Otherwise, I cant afford to have my makeup to slip and move.
- These product should be odorless but I still can smell a bit of alcohol scent in it or maybe its just me.
Both product is retail at MYR40 in Malaysian’s market. You may get these DUO either at NYX Cosmetics Flag Store (at IOI City Mall and soon SOGO, KL), Sephora Malaysia Store, or HERMO Online. Hermo Online is currently having a sale for these two as the price is now at MYR34.00 each. Have you tried these DUO? Do share with me in the comment section below. Until we meet again in my next post. XOXO