Few months ago I suffered massive breakouts to my face. Especially on my forehead and my cheeks. When I walked into the Body Shop store at Sunway Putra, I was introduced to the Tea Tree Oil range. Out of the range I purchased two items:-
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
- The Body Shop Tea Tree 3-In-1 Wash Scrub Mask
In this post I am sharing my thought about Item 1. I would share about Item 2 in my next post.
About The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
Targeted care for blemished skin. Can be used direct on skin.
Tea tree essential oil is renowned for its powerful, purifying properties. We sustainably hand-harvest our Community Trade organic tea tree leaves within 12 hours, so we can bottle our purest, most potent oil. Our iconic Tea Tree Oil is a cult classic, and is great for on the spot application.*
- Our iconic purest concentration Tea Tree Oil*
- With purifying tea tree oil grown in the foothills of Mount Kenya*
- Use on targeted areas of concern*
- Reduces blemishes*
- A cult classic*
|CAPACITY||available on 2 sizes i.e. 10ml (MYR42) and 20ml (MYR65)|
|EFFECT||Anti-Acne, Oil Controlling|
|INGREDIENT||Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Limonene (Natural Additive), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).|
- This is a clear liquid substance / oil that smells like herb, essential oil consistency with a bit minty and refreshing. The smell makes me calm and feel like going for meditation.
- The smells even reminds me more of “minyak Telon”, its a baby oil meant for stomach discomfort and to makes baby calm as well. – maybe that why I like the smell too.
- This product does not feel that oily at all. It absorb pretty fast into the skin and leave soft skin surface.
- However, this product is not meant for the entire face. Its a warning.
- This oil works well to treat the pimple spot directly especially for new emerge pimples. I noticed that the pimple spot has tremendously reduced in 2 days.
- For pimples that already matured, it is not advisable to apply this oil directly because of it’s high concentration level, it can cause a little bit sting pain to the pimple spot. Furthermore, it does heal the pimples but would leave a dark spot to my skin. This might be the scar followed by the healing process.
- This product can be applied on top of make up or any serum applied prior.
- I usually would apply this product before bed.
- Application to large surface (non affected area) would caused a massive dryness to the skin. The skin eventually can peel and crack. So it is advisable to apply only at affected spot.
- Do not apply to the eyes or eyes area. This product stings and definitely would caused pain to the eyes.