I was very curious with Kat Von D cosmetics line. No doubt that her product quality are superb and Kat Von D (KVD) has paid lot of attention to produce the best of her cosmetic line. In fact, some of her product concept (i.e. Shade + Light Eye Contour Pallete) were rip off recently by other brand to produce much cheaper option and so called “dupe” and of course she was unhappy about it.
When this Tattoo Liner was first launched and available at Sephora Malaysia, it sold out within seconds online and at the stores. I remembered how crazy the hype was and I prefer to stay back to wait and see. It took me for a year to decide whether should I purchase this liner because it is not cheap!! The normal retail size is cost at MYR99 at Sephora.
Thank god I encountered the travel size version (i.e. a combination of KVD Tattoo Liner and Too Faced Better Than SeX Mascara). This combo is not cheap as well. For these two travel size, it cost at MYR85 (I assumed each to cost at MYR42.50). But at least I have two products with a decent size to try them out.
As I highlighted in my previous post here, I am looking for a liner that fit into these criteria:-
- The intensity of the BLACK ink and It must highly pigmented
- Waterproof and Sweat proof for long wearing
- The applicator and its smooth application to draw on my eyelid
- The ink distribution must be even and smooth. No gloppy.
- Type of applicator (brush tip or felt tip)
- Price – Is it affordable?
- Availability – Where I can purchase it?
- Consistency – The colour/pigment/ink consistency
About KVD Tattoo Liner – Trooper
Achieve eye perfection with this high-pigment, waterproof liner that stays put all day for a fade-, melt-, crack-, and run-resistant finish. The superfine and flexible tip glides across the lashline for fluid application, allowing you to create a variety of looks with ease.
- Unlike traditional felt tip liners, this brush tip will not fray.
- Cruelty-free; no animal-derived ingredients and not tested on animals.
- The ink is Black. But it’s not that high pigmented as I wanted as compared to other product that I have.
- The applicator is a brush pointy tip applicator just as my other preferred eyeliner (eg. Mistine, Doll Wink). Easy for me to draw the line.
- The pen cap is a air tight seal cap – avoid fast drying.
- This product is waterproof which is good as I can wear it for entire day.
- The ink does not wear off and not smudges.
MORE points that make this product a draw back for me:-
- When I glide the brush tip on top of my shimmer eyelid – to draw the line of course, I noticed that the application is not even. The pigment is not THAT intense with just 1 layer application.
- Of course with the price of MYR99 for retail size product or MYR42.50 for the travel size, I just feel this product is too pricey for such quality.
- There are plenty of eyeliner brands in drug stores that can perform better than this liner at much cheaper cost.
- Maybe the travel size quality is not the same as actual size product. But for the price of MYR42.50, the quality of the ink pigment should be at par with the actual size product.
I am glad that my curiosity is now answered. This is based on my experience and I doubt that I will re-purchase this liner again. Until we meet again in my next post. XOXO