I am pretty much excited to share with you guys my recent discovery to a Local Brand called LOVERA. The other day I was contacted by their representative and was asked if I am interested to do a review on their product. Of course at first I was quite skeptical because to be honest I do not want to be a “lab rat” especially for skin care products. Furthermore due to my recent skin condition, I actually wanted to just heal and give my skin a rest and try not to caused any further damage to my skin.
After a long thought and read all the positive reviews on their Webpage, I decided to give them a try and about 2 weeks after, I received their Best Selling product and Its called Magic Jelly. Before I talk more about the product, lets get to know Lovera first shall we?
Who is LOVERA?
lOVERA is a skincare company that is based in MALAYSIA. They strive to bring in the best natural skincare for the wellbeing of our skin. Every formulation of LOVERA’s product was carefully researched and developed. Their principle is to avoid using nasty chemicals that would caused harm to the skin, which is why their product is tested only on human before they sell it. Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, No harmful chemical ingredients, natural and halal Certified.
About LOVERA Magic Jelly
Magic Jelly is one of their Best Seller product from this brand. Apparently they have two types of Magic Jelly; i. with Original Formulation and ii. the newly enhanced formula. Judging based on the packaging, the Magic Jelly that I received is the new enhanced formula version.
What is Magic Jelly?
Magic Jelly is the gel like texture that can act as a Serum to give Protection, Repair and Enhance our Skin and Hair Textures. This gel has long list of its benefits and its gel like texture would penetrate into the skin and act from within. When the Original formula first launched, it was sold up to 70,000 units and the original formulation is proven to treat pimples and enhance skin textures. The one I receive is the New Enhanced Formulation so whats the difference between these two?
The most prominent comparison between these two as you can see above is their packaging. The Original Formulation has stated “Original Formula” printed on the packaging. The New Enhanced Formula has Chamomile flowers on its label.
Both Original and New Enhanced version has two active ingredients i.e. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice aka Aloe Vera and Cucumber. The new enhanced formulation has two additional active ingredients i.e. Chamomile and Jicama. Reading through the ingredients list on the New Enhanced Formula bottle I was unable to find any names that can be related to Cucumber or its scientific name called Cucumis sativus? maybe this ingredients has been mix with other active ingredients and its called with different names? I am not too sure about this.
The Original Formulation is intended more to treat pimples, scar and it has anti-aging formulation. The New Enhanced version is more intended for beauty, anti-oxidant and whitening features for face and body?
The benefits for Aloe Vera and Cucumber for skin care is proven endless. In fact I asked my boyfriend to buy Aloe Vera plant for my birthday because I want to just apply its gel raw to my face. (he haven’t buy it tho, he owe me that, big one).
Jicama is also very rich in benefits for skin care, which has benefit for skin and body, both for women and men. Jicama also can be consumed at any time, while still in its season, because Jicama is not always grow in different seasons. The most commonly used by women, to support the skin beauty. Either the natural way or by non-natural treatment. For skin care, Jicama is proven to give benefits to brighten the face and rid the dark spots on face. It also containVitamic C and this is one of powerful ingredients to prevent premature aging of the face. Vitamin C in the Jicama is also able to protect the skin from free radicals of the sunlight. The Vitamin B and vitamin C are combined with mineral in jicama, able to make the skin look healthy and fresh. Jicama contains lot of water and is useful as anti-inflammatory elements, which make the skin becomes cold, due to the extremely of hot scorching sun.
As for Chamomile, it has great healing properties, chamomile would accelerates the healing process of minor wounds and also disinfects them. Chamomile also is an excellent all-natural skin bleach. It helps to lighten your complexion and makes it radiant. It tightens the pores and mollifies the skin, which helps to blur the spots and inflammation scars. Also because of its mitigating and antioxidant properties, chamomile is found to be very effective in soothing skin irritation and eczema. This magic potion is a powerhouse of antioxidants that helps you fight against acne and breakouts. The list is super long so the addition of these two active ingredients would definitely would give more powerful effects to our skin.
List of benefits of MAGIC JELLY NEW ENHANCED FORMULA
Magic Jelly has proven to provide lots of benefits to our skins and hair and it can be used from head to toe. From their website, I listed below their long benefit list that this one product alone can provide.
Full ingredients list includes Aqua, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hydroxide, Pachyrrhizus Erosus Root Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol (and) Chlorphenesin (and) glycerin, peg-40 hydrogenerated castor oil, Fragrance, sodium hyalunorate, chamomillarecutita (matricaria) flower extract, tetrasodium edta.
BENEFITS FOR SKIN
- Treats pimples effectively
- Get rid of dull skin
- Fade scars (old/new)
- Fade dark spots
- Soothes Eczema
- Hydrates dry skin
- Treat sunburn
- Shrink pores
- Help to ease rashes , allergic and sensitive skin
- Repair and restore skin from within
- Makes skin more smooth and supple
BENEFITS FOR HAIR
- Helps to reduce dandruff
- Smoothens unruly hair
- Can be use as hair serum
- Promotes hair growth
- Helps with burns and cuts
- Treats cracked & dry lips
- Many more usages!
MAGIC JELLY ALSO CAN BE USED AS
- Skin moisturiser
- Make-up remover
- Face serum
- Hair serum
- Eyelash serum (lengthening and growth)
- Lips rescue moisturiser
- Apparently the Original formula main intention is to fight acne. I do not have the Original Formula hence I am unable to make a comparison between these two. For the New Enhanced Formula, I use it mostly as a face serum, after toner and before moisturizer. I also use it for my hair, before I blow dry my hair. There are at times, I use this product as a face primer before foundation. This helps my foundation to stick better because this product also contain glycerin.
- I have been using this product for approx 3 weeks now. This product so far did not give any allergic reaction to me. In fact, I can feel that my face skin texture getting lot more smoother and my acne problem slowly getting better. I use this product together with Aiken Tea Tree Oil Toner and Aiken Moisturizer.
- I tends to use this product more for my hair as it helps to smooth my hair condition. My hairs looks more easy to managed, less drying and non fussy.
- The gel texture is transparent in colour and is light weight and once it smeared into the skin, it absorbed pretty fast. No leftover residue and it did not give a feeling like there is another “layer” on the skin.
- The gel, once is smeared on skin, will give cooling feelings, refreshing, and it is a non sticky formula.
- I love the scents. It smells so refreshing and very much smells like combination of Aloe Vera and Camomile scent.
- I love that the bottle comes in pumps, very hygienic, make it very easy to use and I am able to measure how much to use based on how many pumps.
- This product does not contain any animal origin ingredients, HALAL and safe to be used. Unless if you are allergic to some of the ingredients as listed above.
- This product has KKM approval. To avoid purchase a “knock off” product, do ensure to purchase the product with Hologram logo on it.
- This product is versatile – can be used from head to toes. I use it for my hair, my elbow – for dry skin area. I prefer to use this product more for my hair.
- This product is retail at MYR70 for 60 ml which is quite affordable. To compare with the benefits that this product alone can provide, I would say that this product is totally worth it.
- The only problem I have is the packaging because the cover easily slide from the packaging. So when I pick the product and hold the cover, the whole bottle will slide down and fell. Fair enough I never drop it on the floor so I yet to encounter any damage to the bottle.
Where to get this product?
This product can be purchased online, through their Website: http://www.lovera.com.my/
LOVERA Contact Information:
DW Global Plt (LLP0007973-LGN)
Tingkat 10, Plaza Azalea,
Seksyen 14, 40000
Shah Alam, Selangor.
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +6 011 3234 8255
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review but it wont affects my judgement and point of view of this product in any way. I only will provide my honest review for any products that sent to me for review for my reader.