I was told that Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is like a huge deal. In fact most of beauty bloggers were crazy about this concealer how good it was and the rave was real!!! It was then before it hit Malaysian shore. When my friend got the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer from Australia, I was also among the other beauty junkies whom so excited to try this concealer out.
To my dismay, the concealer did not workout for me as I thought it should. So, when this concealer hit Malaysian Shore few months back, I was like ah huh, now this concealer finally came to Malaysian shore so what? I seriously just don’t really give a Dang about this concealer until I did a swatches to compare with my other concealer the other day and realized that the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer that I owned was in “fair”. God Dang… obviously this colour wont work out for me. It make me turned too grey-ish and I look absurd (like corpse).
Hence, I decided to give this concealer another try and I purchased both “Light” and “Medium” shade. I seriously want to know if the deal was real. Because I think I deserve to know it before I made any conclusion about this product.
About Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly.
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Super concentrated formula with goji berry + Haloxyl helps to erase the appearance of dark circles and fine lines, while visibly diminishing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes.*
WHAT IT IS
Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly.*
– Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smoothes.*
– Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.*
– Apply neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles.*
– Brightener shade adds a luminous touch.*
|INGREDIENT||AQUA / WATER / CYCLOPENTASILOXANE / DIMETHICONE / ISODODECANE / GLYCERIN / PEG-9 / POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL /DIMETHICONE/ BUTYLENE GLYCOL/ DIMETHICONE /CROSSPOLYMER/ NYLON-12/ DISTEARDIMONIUM /HECTORITE/ CYCLOHEXASILOXANE/ PEG-10 DIMETHICONE/ CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 /DIMETHICONE/ PHENOXYETHANOL/ SODIUM CHLORIDE/ POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE/ CAPRYLYL GLYCOL/ DISODIUM STEAROYL /GLUTAMATE/ ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN/ METHYLPARABEN/ LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT/ EXTRACT/ CHLORPHENESIN/ ETHYLPARABEN/ ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE/ PEG-9/ N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE/ PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE/ CHRYSIN/ PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7/ [+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES|
I purchased all three shades to see the differences and below are the swatches:-
- The concealer consistency is pretty thick. Despite of it’s thickness, it does not feel cakey.
- It managed to conceal my dark circle and managed to lift my underyes and make the dark circle less visible.
- I tried all shades and realised that “Fair” has more of pink undertone as compared to “Light” and “Medium” shades. From the swatches I can see that the “Light” and “Medium” shade are more to cater for those with yellow undertone. However, the “Medium” shade still would gives little bit of grey=ish at my undereyes. Nevertheless, it is not that severe as compared to “Fair” shade.
- I combined both “Light” and “Medium” to lift my undereyes. I noticed that the “Light” shade can be used to highlight my features i.e. bridge of my nose, brow bone, cheek bone, chin and cupid’s bow. Thats perfect because I always use concealer to highlight my features.
- Despite that this concealer is able to conceal my dark circle, it still did not enhance and erase my fine wrinkle lines. So I unable to relate the “Age Rewind” element that were quoted on this product.
This concealer is available at Malaysia’s Drugstore i.e. Watson and Guardian and Hermo Online. Its retail at MYR34.90. Apparently Watson is having a sale for Medium Shade i.e. MYR31.41. For Malaysian market, only shade “Light” and “Medium” is available. Until we meet again in my next post. XOXO