My beauty wanders from Bangkok continue with my next finding, a Liquid Lipstick. Liquid lipstick is a huge trend now. Every brand out there regardless high and low will come out with their formula and innovation. Curious with this line, I purchased Mistine DNA Lip Color and Top Coat when I visited Bangkok last November 2016.
This liquid lipstick is so unique. So far I never found any brand with this unique Top Coat features. I try to find more product info online and most of the reviews are in Thai.
I saw the description at Amazon.com and it was poorly translated. So to my best understanding, I re-arrange the sentence as follows:-
The Mistine DNA liquid lipstick with Top Coat product provides:-
- Lip color contrast and the Top Coat allows long lasting.
- With its Lip Color Technology, it delivers smooth Deep ‘N Activate the Deep Intense Color pigment particles into small islands and arranged together and Activate Film Former film-coated pigment. This would makes it waterproof and long-lasting.
- The Top Coat lip color is without shine succulent. Will act as a barrier layer. Make more lasting lipstick.
- Nourishing the lips for soft, smooth skin with vitamins. Hence, the lips appears smooth and healthy.
Wow, the description sounds more promising. This product available in eight (8) shades and I got mine at number #07. Its a light pink shades.
Here is my verdict:
- The color intensity is mind blowing! It is so pigmented and vibrant!
- I love that this shade #07 suits my complexion. I was never fond of vibrant color but somehow this lip color just bring my skin complexion.
- I love its smell!!! This product smells like a bubblegum chewing gum. OMG this reminds me of my childhood.
- Its easy to apply with its sponge applicator.
- This product dry matte. If apply with its Top Coat as second layer, it gives bit of shine. But eventually it will dry matte.
- My lips does not crack. The application is even.
- Apparently, you can choose to wear on its own or with its Top Coat.
- I can feel that its so soft, moisture and velvety.
- Its cheap!! I purchased it for THB130 (approx MYR 17) at one of the cosmetics store at MBK Bangkok. I saw this range at “Asiatique” too.
- However, this liquid lipstick if wear on its own without its Top Coat, it gives a sticky feeling. I can feel that my upper and lower lips stick to each other but the good thing is it does not transfer and patchy.
- When dry, it can be bit flaky.
- This lipstick can last quite long too but this depends on what activity you do. If you wear for dinner, this lipstick will gone after dinner. That’s for sure because this product is neither waterproof nor oil proof. I had ramen the other day while wearing this lipstick and my entire lipstick gone. Definitely not kiss proof too.
When I purchased this product, I did not put any expectation to it. So I only purchased one and I think I should have purchase and try more of their shades. Until we meet again in my next post! XOXO